I am Laura, artist and photographer behind LJ Creative Studios which launched in May 2016.
How it started
I studied a Fine Art degree at Nottingham Trent University gaining a 1st Class Honours and have always been hugely passionate about art and creating masterpieces that evoke emotion.
I worked in marketing straight from university (and still do part time today), using my creative skills and energy promoting businesses and working and designing their marketing materials.
Having moved into a large farmhouse with my then fiance, dusting off my beloved paintings which had been stored at my parents house, I realised just how much I missed art. My work was dotted around the house and seeing my friend’s and family’s faces light up at each piece and listening to their lovely comments of how good my work was, gave me the confidence to take the plunge and step back into the world of art.
The world of art
It was a world I hadn’t been in for a while – was it like riding a bike where I would suddenly pick up a paintbrush and start painting without a thought again?
Honestly, it took me a year or so to rebuild my confidence and I found my older self was far more critical of each and every brushstroke but as time went on and commissions flooded in, I soon realised that I did have what it takes to launch my own art business.
LJ Creative Studios was born…
So LJ Creative Studios was born. Being a farmers wife and living on a working farm, my work is very much inspired by my everyday life.
- ORIGINAL COUNTRYSIDE PAINTINGS
- GICLEE PRINTS – LIMITED EDITION & PHOTOGRAPHY PRINTS
- HOMEWARE & GIFT RANGE
I am continuing to expand my product range and am working on a new homeware collection so watch this space!
WHAT MAKES ME SPECIAL
- I paint each design using acrylic paint onto canvas, wood or paper. My homeware and gift range is printed onto the products using inks which match the original painting.
- Every product is trialled and tested to ensure the quality is of a high standard and the colours match the original paintings.
- I only use UK manufacturers so my designs and products are made purely in the UK. I love supporting small businesses and UK manufacturers are a must for me and my business.
- Its just me! Not only do I paint, I also design the gift ranges, packaging, take photographs, update my website and social media and package all the orders. Each item is sent with love. I love the support and lovely feedback I get from my customers and I do a happy dance each time I get an order.
I hope you enjoy the paintings and product range on offer.